Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Prince of Ides


Who-hoo! I spent all day yesterday being ware and totally survived. Suck it Caesar. Not only survived, but was very productive. Closing in on this novel I'm calling Peckerwood and Scott Phillips and I put some polish on a television project we're developing. Felt good. Finished the evening with a viewing of Mike Hodges iconic Get Carter. Going to get so much writing done today.

Over at Ransom Notes I'm - no wait - you know all about Ken Bruen, don't need me to say anything. I do spend some time going on about how I like that I can read his books in a day. That's nice for me. Another book I read in a day recently? Robert J. Randisi's Bottom of Every Bottle. Very nearly that for Duane Swierczynski's Expiration Date too.

Next, congratulations go out to Mark in Louisiana and John in Ohio who won the drawing for copies of Scott Wolven's amazing collection Controlled Burn. Alright, Scott, when your next one is a NYT Bestseller, I'll be taking credit for it.

After some confusion, it looks like we'll be throwing a Noir at the Bar event with Dennis Tafoya in June in stead of like next week. Which is good. Means his new one Wolves of Fairmount Park will be available at the event. That's a good thing, yeah?

Steve Weddle says he hopes to have Needle magazine available in a matter of weeks. Jeez, that's fast. But not fast enough. Really looking forward to this new print venture.

3 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Congrats on the productivity.

Unknown said...

It's ironic that you mentioned Ken Bruen... I'm finishing the last 20 pages of the The Magdalen Martyrs before I crack open Controlled Burn... a book that you so graciously mailed to me.

jedidiah ayres said...

Mark/John - you've got a couple of winners there. I'd love for Ken to have a book of short stories out too. It gets expensive tracking down all of his in anthologies.