Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Big MAC


Max Allan Collins don't need my help. Come to think of it, neither does Christa Faust. Never the less, I'm tipping my hat at Ransom Notes. Speaking of MAC, I'm still waiting for Jeffrey Goodman's film from his short story, The Last Lullabye to get a distribution deal. I've been impatient for this one long enough.

Are you excited for N@B June 3? Here's a little help. Pinckney Benedict's story Pig Helmet & the Wall of Life is up at Fifty-Two Stories. You can also find him archived in Plots With Ray Guns. His new collection Miracle Boy & Other Stories is gonna be wild. Book trailers are an interesting idea. You can check out the ones for Laura Benedict's titles Isabella Moon and Calling Mr. Lonely Hearts here.

6 comments:

sandra seamans said...

They're discusing Pinckney Benedict's book over at http://emergingwriters.typepad.com and saying all kinds of wonderful things about it.

jedidiah ayres said...

Thanks Sandra... I've read his two previous collections and really loved them. I'm sure the new one will be great

David Cranmer said...

I'll check out the links. Btw Max's collaboration with Spillane on THE BIG BANG is well worth the read.

Cullen Gallagher said...

LAST LULLABY is damn good. Saw it at Brooklyn International Film Fest last year.

Chris said...

I'm a huge fan of both Max and Christa. Was happy to read your piece on them!

jedidiah ayres said...

David - glad to hear it's a goodun. Does Mike Hammer really trip on acid in it?

Cullen - Always ahead of the curve aintcha? I missed it a couple years back at the StLouisInternational Film Fest

Chris - Thanks for reading.