Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Paradise Unveiled


Been up since four a.m. It's like trying to sleep on the night before Christmas - it's N@B tonight. 8pm at The Delmar Lounge in the University City Loop and it's no money to get in, which means you can spend it on books 'n beers - which last forever. Tim Lane! Matt Kindt! Scott Phillips! Can't wait to hear these guys and see the artwork. I checked out Matt's show at Starclipper comics in the Loop - the pages from Revolver look amazing up there, (as does Brian Hurtt's 6th Gun art), Tim's film, The Passenger ought to cause a stir and Scott's work (with Roger Peterson) on The Paradise is gonna be worth the price of admission alone. Here's hoping the burgeoning St. Louis crime-writing scene turns out and extends the hand of friendship to the graphic novel guys still high on that ComiCon buzz. I for one am sending in my registration for NoirCon this morning. You hear me, Lou Boxer, the check's in the mail.

3 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Look forward to meeting you there. I just finished a story that harkened back on our similar upbringing and thought of sending it to you.

jedidiah ayres said...

Please do - I've considered trying to put together a collection. Have you Read Anthony Neil Smith's evangelical stories? They're pretty great.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I just submitted it to the Crime Factory sad janitor challenge but I will send it on to you for your unenjoyment. It took me back to those days of yore.