Thursday, October 2, 2014

For Horsemen of the Apocalypse

October is here and that's always an invigorating thought for horsemen of the apocalypse. The air crisps up a bit, the trees begin to die and gatherings... the gatherings are thick in the land. The gatherings that will charge my batteries for the coming year continue tonight at Nightbird Books in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Are you here? For God's sake, come out and say hi. I'll be reading at Noir at the Bar at 8pm with Scott Phillips, John Hornor Jacobs and Jake Hinkson. It'll be great.

Speaking of Hinkson - his next book, The Big Ugly is coming soon from Beat to a Pulp Books and I can tell ya, it's great. And damn, it's only one of three that I know about that are coming soon from camp Hinks. Look for a short story collection of his from All Due Respect and a collection of essays from... wait, has it been announced? I guess I won't say 'till I'm sure, but holy crap am I excited about that.

Also saw that Tim L. Williams has a story collection coming soon as one of the first of the Jonathan Woods as publisher era of New Pulp Press. There's a lot of promise there. Tim's been a big part of the 2nd & 3rd versions of Plots With Guns (and perhaps there's a 4th we'll see soon-ish) and he knows from short stories - his contribution to Murdaland's 1st issue stuck with me forever. Speaking of PWG, the final chapter of the current version has just been published and look the fuck at that lineup. Rusty Barnes, Dennis Tafoya, Jason Stuart, Court Merrigan and on and on and... 16 stories? Go forth and checkerout.

And get over to Out of the Gutter and see a recent story from Grant Jerkins and... Ryan Sayles. Solid Dick, man.

1 comment:

Tim L Williams said...

Thanks for the kind words. I'm excited to be a part of the new era at New Pulp Press.